Instructor: Mason Lary
Time: MON thru FRI 9:00 – 12:00
Cost (3 weeks): $600, $450 if attending MC advanced Class in the afternoon. (Can not be combined with any other discount)
Objectives: The course is for students with very little or no programming background.Students who are familiar with Java also welcome. The focus is fundamentals of programming and problem solving hence object oriented part of the language and other details will not be taught. At the end of the course, the goal is to start solving USA Computing Olympiad (USACO) Bronze level problems. USACO is the most prestigious pre-college Computer Science competition in the states. The course aims to train students towards USACO competitions throughout the year.
Who should take this course:
- Programming background is not required whereas strong math background is required.
- Completion of Algebra-I is required.
- 6th grade and up
Homework: Daily HW will be assigned during summer classes. Weekly HW will be assigned during fall and spring semester classes.
Topics: Following topics will be covered with extensive exercises:
Tentative Course Outline:
- Problem Solving
- Data Structures
- Sorting and Binary Search
- Coordinate Compression
- Sliding Window
- Intro to Dynamic Programming
- Regular attendance is essential and expected.
- Students are expected to compelete their HW before each class.