Instructor: Isil Nal
Time: Mon thru Fri 1:00 – 6:00
Place: Momentum Learning
Practice Hours: 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Objectives: MathCounts Advanced course is appropriate for middle school students who have prior experience in MathCounts/AMC-8 competitions. Students should be familiar with Algebra-1 and Geometry topics.
Who should take this course: Can solve, without guessing, around 19 or more problems on AMC-8 or MATHCOUNTS Sprint round.
Who should skip this course:
- AMC 8 Distinguished Honor Roll (24+)
- Top 25 at Texas State MATHCOUNTS.
Homework: Daily HW will be assigned during summer classes. Weekly HW will be assigned during fall and spring semester classes.
Resources: Lecture and homework problem solutions will be posted on the classroom page link given above.
Tentative Course Outline:
- Number Theory
- Integers and Arithmetic
- Algebra- Part 1
- Algebra - Part 2
- Word Problems
- Sequence and Series
- Geometry-Angles and Triangles
- Geometry - Length
- Geometry - Area
- Geometry - Quadrilaterals and Polygons
- 3D Geometry
- Regular attendance is essential and expected.
- Students are expected to complete their HW before each class.