Instructor: Isil Nal
Time: MON thru FRI 9:00 – 4:00
Place: Momentum Learning
Objectives: MATHCOUNTS Basic course is appropriate for middle school students who are new to MATHCOUNTS/AMC-8 competitions. Students should be familiar with Pre-Algebra topics.
Who should take this course: Can solve, without guessing, around 12 problems or more on AMC-8.
Who should skip this course:
- AMC-8 Distinguished Honor Roll (23+ problems)
- Top 25 at Chapter MATHCOUNTS
Homework: Daily HW will be assigned during summer classes. Weekly HW will be assigned during fall and spring semester classes.
Resources: Lecture and homework problem solutions will be posted on the classroom page link given above.
Tentative Course Outline:
- Number Theory
- Integers and Arithmetic
- Modular Arithmetic
- Algebra- Part 1
- Algebra - Part 2
- Algebra - Part 3
- Word Problems
- Sequence and Series
- Geometry-Angles and Triangles
- Geometry - Length
- Geometry - Area
- Geometry - Quadrilaterals and Polygons
- 3D Geometry
- Regular attendance is essential and expected.
- Students are expected to complete their HW before each class.