Instructor: Yi Zhou
Time: T/Th 6:30 - 8:30 Sat 2:00 - 4:00
Place: Momentum Learning
Objectives: This algebra based Physics course is for middle/high school students who are new to physics with no prior physics course work necessary. Students should have completed algebra I and geometry. This summer course will also give students a head start if they would like to prepare for the F=ma contest.
Homework: Homework will be assigned every week and can be worked and discussed in Saturday practice class.
Textbook: Physics: Principles with Applications 6th Edition by Douglas C. Giancoli
- Kinematics - One dimensional motion, two dimensional motion.
- Dynamics - Newton’s Laws of Motion, Forces & free body diagrams, Friction
- Circular Motion - Circular Motion, Rotation, and Gravity
- Energy - Work, Power, Kinetic energy, Potential energy (gravitational, elastic) Conservation of Energy
- Momentum - Impulse, Momentum, Conservation of Momentum, Elastic & Inelastic Collisions
- Rotational Motion - Torque, Center of Mass, Rotational kinematics, Rotational dynamics, rotational inertia Rotational energy, Angular momentum, Conservation of angular momentum